I must have the most boring pleasure-reading menu on the planet. The last several books I've read have all been non-fiction:
The Omnivore's Dilemma
Boys Adrift
The Siege of Mecca
Class 11
(Plus a bone-dry 800+ page textbook)
And you know what? I've read all of those in the last 3 months. And in addition to those, I read The Fist of God, which is fiction set during the first Gulf War. And that's all in addition to what I have to read at work and the newspaper that I read every morning.
I've never been an avid reader. I can't even remember reading an entire book in college--mostly I got by just taking notes during lectures and divvying up assignments in study groups.
The only reason why I'm reading so much now is that I have a total of 3 hours on the Metro each day. But why am I drawn to non-fiction? I wonder if I'll keep reading when I move out to Herndon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nate Ayer?! As in Nathaniel Ayer?! This is Abby (Boatright). Remember BYU, summer of '99 and the other Abby? Okay...maybe it's better to just glaze over that summer and not really remember it. I like it better that way. :)
But how WACKY is this! I found your blog through Lindsay & Danny Stansfield's -- I don't know how you know them, but the Stansfield's are friends of my family from back in '92 and I was trying to find my friend Molly (Danny's sister) when I stumbled across their blog -- and then your's (thinking at first that it was THEIR brother Nate...). Crazy. Just crazy. Anyway -- feel free to drop by my blog anytime and comment or send an email. Sounds like you're doing great! Congrats on the new baby!!! She is beautiful.
Hey Nate. We haven't seen you guys since Jordan but now we can see what you've been up to! Congratulations on the new baby. Hope all is well,
Arielle and Matthew Jones
Post a Comment